The CARF survey team completed its survey of ACIDD Maryland programs in two major program areas of Behavioral Health and Employment and Community Services during the week of 4/16/2018 through 4/19/2018. Formal notification is expected soon.
CARF will review the survey findings and render the accreditation decision in a few weeks. We believe that we excelled in conformance to all CARF standards because we have strength in our program areas. We are proud of our team!.
Achieving accreditation is our commitment to quality improvement, focusing on the unique needs of our individuals that we support in our program areas. Programs include: Residential, CLS, Supported Employment, Personal Supports and Supported Living under the Intellectual Disability programs and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP), Supported Employment and Outpatient Mental Health Clinic (OMHC) in Behavioral Health.
CARF has listed the following benefits to any organization that receives accreditation from CARF:
CARF accreditation can help an organization meet the challenges it faces in achieving quality outcomes for the persons it serves. Specific benefits that CARF accreditation affords a provider include:
- Assurance to persons seeking services that a provider has demonstrated conformance to internationally accepted standards.
- Improved communication with persons served.
- Person-focused standards that emphasize an integrated and individualized approach to services and outcomes.
- Accountability to funding sources, referral agencies, and the community.
- Management techniques that are efficient, cost-effective, and based on outcomes and consumer satisfaction.
- Evidence to federal, state, provincial, and local governments of commitment to quality of programs and services that receive government funding.
- Guidance for responsible management and professional growth of personnel.
- A tool for marketing programs and services to consumers, referral sources, and third-party funders.
- Support from CARF through consultation, publications, conferences, training opportunities, and newsletters.
- For details, visit http://www.carf.org/Accreditation/ValueOfAccreditation/Benefits/