Who: LCSW-C/ LCPC/LGSW/LGPC
Where: Laurel & Columbia
ACIDD in Maryland is opening its first Outpatient Mental Health Center in August-September 2018. We are in need of therapists to provide individual and group psychotherapy to individuals with mental health issues. ACIDD currently operates at two locations- Laurel and Columbia. However, OMHC will be open only at Laurel for adults. Those professionals who like to provide therapy to children either at Laurel or at columbia location, ACIDD for Counseling will work with them. The Counseling centers serve a spectrum of mental health needs of children, teen, adults, elderly and individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (IDD) with co-occurring Mental Disorders targeting mental health recovery through psychotherapy. Our service model varies with the specialty of each therapist, some specializing in psychotherapy using general psycho therapeutic methods while others focus solely on specific life issues and populations addressing a single issue through counseling.
If you are looking for an environment where you want to make a difference in the lives of people with mental health and substance use issues, their families, persons with co-occurring Intellectual Disability (IDD) and mental disorders or the elderly and their communities, we have an opportunity for you. Our professionals provide therapeutic counseling to those in need. ACIDD through its affiliates guides comprehensive health services for people with mental illness, and individuals with developmental disabilities to improve their mental, physical and psychological well-being while strengthening, preserving and supporting their recovery within many communities. What sets us apart from other Counseling or psycho therapeutic agencies is that we address not only the family as a whole, and not just the individual family members, but we are also specialized in therapy for people who have co-occurring Intellectual Disability and Mental Disorders. By working towards the wrap-around services for building strong families and communities, we are ready to add you to our team.
We are currently seeking Licensed Mental Health Counselors to provide exceptional therapeutic intervention to different groups of people as identified above. The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Masters degree from an accredited University or College
- Be licensed in the State of Maryland to provide services as LCPC/LCSW/LGSW/LGPC
- 1 year of supervised experience in a mental health setting is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining regular contact with the adult/child and/or parent/ guardian of each participant; completing master treatment plans, treatment plan updates and managed care authorizations
- Participating in the collection of necessary information and outcomes data to be used for monitoring the overall performance and effectiveness of services provided
- Furnishing required reports to the center, legal system and other involved agencies
- Participating in after-hours call schedule for any crisis; representing the center in court system, if requested; providing complete and timely documentation to support services rendered
- Evaluating the impact of therapeutic interventions upon the therapeutic milieu.
- Facilitating groups
- Performing individual, group and family therapy
- Providing participants with education
To the qualified candidate we offer competitive pay at the OMHC and at ACIDD for Counseling. We offer flexible scheduling on your terms. LGSW/LGPC would receive supervisory hours at the center besides possibility of working as a PRP Specialist.
ACIDD Maryland and ACIDD for Counseling are located at Laurel in 300 Thomas Drive, off Route One South and Route 198 East with easy access from Route I-295 and Route I-95. ACIDD for Counseling at Columbia is located at 5999 Harpers Farm Road in Suite E-250, across Howard Community College at the corner of Harpers Farm Road and Patuxent Parkway. For an interview, please visit our office at Laurel or send us a message on the link Contact Us.
If you are interested, please contact our PG County office in Laurel (phone: 301-377-0750 x 232 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and send your Resume by clicking the link below.
Back to Open positions @ACIDD